Bear down for the 2021 NFL Draft.
An up-and-down 2020 season for Chicago culminated in a playoff spot, but unfortunately for Bears fans, it was another year left wondering what this team has to do to figure out the quarterback position. Mitchell Trubisky and Nick Foles split snaps in 2020, with neither guy jumping ahead to solidify the starting job.
With head coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace getting, probably, their last chance together in the 2021 season, the Bears have to either find a passer of the future or find the wins in the immediate to give the coach and front office some more leeway.
The Bears are in a tough spot: With picks not high enough to find that passer, they could find additional help to supplement their offensive attack under Matt Nagy or shore up the offensive line, which could use some long-term upgrades.
Here’s where Chicago is selecting in the 2021 NFL Draft:
Bears draft picks 2021: When does Chicago pick?
- Round 1, Pick No. 11: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- Round 2, Pick No. 39: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
- Round 5, Pick No. 151: Larry Borom, OT, Missouri
- Round 6, Pick No. 217: Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech
- Round 6, Pick No. 221: Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina
- Round 6, Pick No. 228: Thomas Graham Jr., CB, Oregon
- Round 7 Pick No. 250: Khyiris Tonga, DT, BYU
Bears 2021 draft order
|1||11 (from Giants)|
|2||7 (from Panthers)|
|5||7 (from Panthers)|
|6||33 (From Buccaneers through Seahawks)|
|6||37 (Compensatory Selection)|
|6||44 (Compensatory Selection)|
|6||24 (from Seahawks through Dolphins)|
|7||23 (From Seahawks)|
Bears NFL Draft needs
- Quarterback: The quarterback position is GM Ryan Pace’s white whale, but unfortunately, unless Chicago makes a big move up, it’s likely going to be another season of wondering what could have been at the QB position. Chicago is turning to Andy Dalton
- Wide receiver: With Allen Robinson playing out the franchise tag — and seemingly unhappy with that fact — the team is going to have to address wideout at some point in the coming years. Anthony Miller is reportedly being shopped, and Andy Dalton is going to need more help after an up-and-down 2020 season with Dallas.
- Offensive tackle: The Bears don’t have any long-term solutions at tackle past the 2021 season, and injuries played part of that. But both Germain Ifedi and Charles Leno Jr. are up after the 2021 season, meaning the Bears will have to figure out those spots sooner rather than later.
Bears mock draft 2021
Here are the latest 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Bears, according to Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft:
|5||164||Reed Blankenship||S||Middle Tennessee State|
|6||204||Quintin Morris||TE||Bowling Green|