Cancel Preloader
  • May 15, 2021

Exclusive: Frank Warren gives promising Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury update having now received proposed contract for reported ‘$150million’ Saudi Arabia site deal

 Exclusive: Frank Warren gives promising Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury update having now received proposed contract for reported ‘$150million’ Saudi Arabia site deal


Frank Warren has revealed that Tyson Fury’s camp have now received a proposed contract from Anthony Joshua’s side for their Saudi Arabia site deal.

Fight contracts were signed in mid-March for the historic heavyweight clash, but this was all contingent on a site deal being secured.

Fury is co-promoted by Bob Arum and Frank Warren

Mikey Williams/Top Rank

Fury is co-promoted by Bob Arum and Frank Warren

Both camps agreed on a reported $150m pact that would take the fight to Saudi Arabia and AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn has been working with the Saudis to finalise the paperwork.

Fury’s US co-promoter Bob Arum said on Thursday night that, from his perspective, the bout is now ‘dead in the water’ as he believes it will take months to complete the Saudi deal.

However, some speculated that these remarks were designed with the intention of putting more pressure on Hearn to speed up the process.

And Fury’s UK co-promoter Warren has now given a more promising update.

Hearn previously finalised a Saudi deal as AJ’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr took place in Diriyah at the end of 2019

Dave Thompson/Matchroom

Hearn previously finalised a Saudi deal as AJ’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr took place in Diriyah at the end of 2019

Warren told SecondsOut on Friday night: “Yeah, we’ve had something come through from the other side – a contract which we’re all reviewing.

“A proposal I should say, a proposed contract which we’re reviewing.

“Obviously we’ll look at it and hopefully we can agree terms, that’s what we all want.

“It’s not been about being negative, you can only respond to an offer when you’ve got an offer and try and get it over the line.

“We’re working hard, everybody’s working hard to get this on and fingers crossed we will get it over the line.”

Joshua and Fury would be for all four major heavyweight world titles

Getty

Joshua and Fury would be for all four major heavyweight world titles

Hearn reacted to Arum’s comments by telling Behind The Gloves earlier on Friday: “Over the space of five or six hours, the fight was ‘in jeopardy’ and the fight was ‘dead in the water’ without having one conversation with anybody.

“Bob’s just completely lost the plot basically. Four days ago, it was done and he gave everybody the information of the deal…

“He just decided to himself it was dead in the water. It’s irrational behaviour, he’s extremely fickle.

“I love Bob, but he’s lost his mind here. With Tyson Fury, his lawyers, we’re all on track…

“All we’ve gotta do now is get the final contract – that all the lawyers are across – and we send it to them and say, ‘It’s done, sign it.’”





Source link

Reporters Team

Related post