The Packers have no shortage of needs they can address — and plenty of picks to work with — in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Green Bay has 10 overall picks to use, tied for second in the league. The question is, how will the Packers use them? Offensive line seems a given, though they do have some flexibility there. Or they could look at improving the defense, at any level. Perhaps some skill-position players for Aaron Rodgers?
The Packers have myriad options moving forward with the 2021 NFL Draft. What coach Matt LaFleur and GM Brian Gutekunst do with those selections, however, remains to be seen. After all, who saw Green Bay trading up in the first last year for Rodgers’ heir apparent?
With that, here’s Green Bay’s entire 2021 NFL Draft outlook, including picks, draft needs and mock selections:
Packers draft picks 2021: When does Green Bay pick?
- Round 1, Pick No. 29: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
- Round 2, Pick No. 62: Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
- Round 3, Pick No. 85: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
- Round 4, Pick No. 142: Royce Newman, OT, Ole Miss
- Round 5, Pick No. 173: Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
- Round 5, Pick No. 178: Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State
- Round 6, Pick No. 214: Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin
- Round 6, Pick No. 220: Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College
- Round 7, Pick No. 256: Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
Packers 2021 draft order
|4||37 (142)||Compensatory selection|
|5||34 (178)||Compensatory selection|
|6||36 (220)||Compensatory selection|
Packers NFL Draft needs
- Offensive line: Corey Linsley left Green Bay in free agency, and left tackle David Bakhtiari suffered a torn left ACL late in the 2020 campaign. The Packers have flexibility along the line, allowing them either to draft someone to replace Linsley right away (such as Alabama center Landon Dickerson) or at the tackle position.
- Defensive line: Pro Bowl nose tackle is the bright spot on an otherwise average defensive line. Will the Packers select interior help for him, or look for more of a pass-rushing specialist? Either way, lok for the Packers to make the first line of defense a major target area in the draft.
- Cornerback: The Packers returned their top five secondary players from 2020, but this is more of a long-term outlook: Kevin King is only signed to a one-year deal, and Green Bay needs someone more consistent to help Jaire Alexander in the backfield.
Green Bay Packers mock draft 2021
Here are the latest 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Packers, according to Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft:
|1||29 (29)||Greg Newsome II||CB||Northwestern|
|2||30 (62)||Tylan Wallace||WR||Oklahoma State|
|3||28 (92)||James Hudson||OT||Cincinnati|
|4||30 (135)||Garret Wallow||LB||TCU|
|4||37 (142)||Ihmir Smith-Marsette||WR||Iowa|
|5||29 (173)||Chris Evans||RB||Michigan|
|5||34 (178)||Robert Rochell||CB||Central Arkansas|
|6||30 (214)||Dan Moore Jr.||OT||Texas A&M|
|6||36 (220)||Malcolm Koonce||EDGE||Buffalo|
|7||29 (256)||Camaron Cheeseman||LS||Michigan|